Activity › Forums › Salesforce® Discussions › What are Nicknames in Salesforce? How do we use them? › Reply To: What are Nicknames in Salesforce? How do we use them?
MemberJanuary 16, 2018 at 8:07 am
- Nicknames in Salesforce is used for community. Nicknames appear in place of first and last names in almost all locations in the community.
- You have to Enable Nickname in Community Administration by the following steps
- Open Community Workspaces or Community Management.
- Click Administration --> Preferences.
- Select Enable nickname display, then click Save.
- Enabling nickname display in your community allows more privacy and protects member identities. This protection is especially helpful in a public community where unregistered visitors can access member profiles.
Hope this helps you.