Activity › Forums › Salesforce® Discussions › Lockerservice Impact on Lightning ready Salesforce Visualforce Pages? › Reply To: Lockerservice Impact on Lightning ready Salesforce Visualforce Pages?
MemberJanuary 29, 2018 at 3:14 pm
This critical update was part of Summer '16 and was enforced in Winter '17. This doesn’t support 3rd party Libraries in case the included library uses another library internally.
This update introduced for the security of salesforce data. below is the advantage and limitation of Locker service as below:-
- No iframe. Components live in the same DOM (better performance)
- Straightforward, natural communication between components
- Cohesive UI
- Eliminates DOM scraping vulnerabilities
- Mitigates the impact of developer mistakes such as the lack of proper escaping
- Cross-site scripting (XSS) and template injection are no longer possible
- Eliminate server-side action invocation/spoofing
- Non-compliant libraries will not work with LockerService