MemberSeptember 21, 2018 at 3:34 am
There is some cases more:
If you'd like to remove a value from one of your record's fields so it will appear as blank or NULL using the Data Loader, update your Data Loader settings using the steps below:
Include NULL values in an update
1. Open Data Loader.
2. Click Settings.
3. Select Insert Null Values.
1. Run Export Data. Make sure to include IDs and Column Fields that should be changed to NULL.
2. Delete data contained in the columns that should be returned as NULL (no values).
3. Save the file as a new .CSV with new name (don't overwrite the Data Export from step 1).
4. Run Data Loader Update using new file with Blank values.
If the field being updated to NULL is referenced by a workflow or trigger, the update might not be successful. (One workaround you can try is to lower the batch size to 1, then proceed with the update or insert again).
If the field is Required in your organization, you will not be able to use this method to insert a NULL value.